If you’re an ABC Glofox customer, you may have seen the announcements about this before, but here, we’re going to provide you with a full recap of how this feature can help you.
In a hurry?
No need to worry, here’s a recap video showing you all the new features this version gives you:
In a nutshell, the new version of Appointments provides more flexibility around appointment creation and management. Traditionally on the Glofox platform, the Trainer has been associated with one appointment duration and one set price, while also being limited to creating one appointment at a time.
With this new version of appointments, you have the ultimate flexibility to create any appointment type, duration, and price that suits your business. For example, you may want just a quick 30-minute PT session, or maybe a longer 90-minute massage session – all depending on your business type. You can also set up a recurring appointment booking to ensure your loyal clients never miss their spot. These appointments are now fully customizable on the ABC Glofox platform.
Additionally, you’ll no longer see double bookings on your schedule. This new update ensures that your trainers are never double booked, ensuring that both the trainers and their clients have full visibility of every single appointment in their upcoming schedule. With the addition of appointment reminder emails and SMS, you can rest assured that your no-shows will reduce.
Here are all the features and benefits available with the updated Appointments Solution:
- Flexibility to set any appointment type, with varying durations and prices
- Increase revenue potential by expanding the appointment offering in your studio/gym
- Trainer double bookings will no longer be possible
- Less reliance on studio admins to manage the appointments on the trainer’s behalf since the trainer can now schedule their own appointments in the Pro App
- Ability to create recurring appointments on the Dashboard to ensure you secure your clients’ weekly slot
Trainer Availability for client facing appointments:
- Admins and Receptionists can set a date-specific or recurring schedule on the Dashboard
- Your clients will be able to view and book the desired appointment type and trainer in the Member App and the Web Portal
- Filters available: appointment type, trainer, time of day
- Ensure your clients never miss an appointment, with appointment email and SMS reminders which are customizable in the Connect section
How Do I Make the Most of This Feature?
If you want to get the full rundown on how to best use this new feature, you can find it in our Knowledge Base. There, we’ll answer all the logistical questions you may have about this new feature. If you can’t find the answer to your question, don’t forget that our support team is always available to help you through our Contact Us page.
Your Questions Answered
We know you may have a lot of questions about this new feature, so here’s a rundown of the most important queries answered for you:
Q: How does the system avoid double bookings when scheduling appointments?
A: The system automatically reviews trainer availability and avoids double bookings when scheduling appointments. This means that you and your trainers are no longer forced into a difficult situation with your clients. It also improves the work experience of your employees as they can now see their schedule up to months in advance.
Q: Can members book appointments directly through the branded member app and web portal?
A: Absolutely. Members can book appointments directly through the branded member app or the Web Portal. If you have any questions about branding or how to best implement this new feature on your branded app, don’t hesitate to reach out to us.
Q: Are there any limitations I should be aware of?
A: On the new version of Appointments, you can choose to set a date specific or recurring schedule for a trainer. Please note that this availability is for client-side bookings. The trainer’s availability will not be displayed on a calendar view on the Dashboard.
Q: What are the steps to create appointments and set up schedules for trainers?
A: It’s quite simple really. We know you’ve better things to do than set up appointment schedules, so we’ve tried to make this as easy as possible. Here’s a step-by-step guide.
1) Head to ‘Appointments’ on the Manage Tab
2) Follow the flow to create the names and descriptions
3) Select eligible staff and durations
4) Choose if clients are allowed to attend with credits or payment
5) Set up a schedule for the appointment type from the dashboard
6) Relax knowing your appointment system is sorted for the foreseeable future.
Q: How can appointments be scheduled for customers, including recurring bookings?
A: Again, we wanted to make this as simple as possible for you. Appointments can be scheduled for customers, including recurring bookings, by following these steps:
1) Select the appointment and customer in question
2) Choose the start and end date, set the appointment up as a one-off or recurring appointment
3) One-off appointments can also be created through the Glofox Pro app
4) Reach out to your customer and let them know their full schedule of appointments is available through your custom-branded app or website.
Q: What upcoming updates can we expect from Glofox?
A: More updates are coming, so stay tuned! We’ve got a number of exciting announcements planned for the coming months, which you’ll see on our socials, through emails, and in blog posts just like this one.